Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thing #12

After reading the different articles and postings about commenting on blogs I found the two points that I think are important from the Ten Commandments of Blog Commenting: http://www.brownbaron.com/blog/2007/07/17/the-ten-commandments-of-blog-commenting/.

The first point that I think is important was commandment #1 - Read before you write. It said that you should always read the full blog and completely understand it before posting a comment. It is like the saying, 'think before you speak' - you do not want to put your foot in your mouth and you do not want to feel foolish.

The second point that I think is important was commandment #4 - Contribute. This point was in all of the articles about commenting. It emphasizes not to just post a simple comment like 'Nice job,' but add something that will contribute to the topic and continue a conversation.

I have not commented on any blogs yet... more to come later...

1 comment:

VWB said...

I think you will find comments to be a benefit to your blog once you get to have a larger audience! I have learned a lot from my commentors.