Monday, October 13, 2008

Thing #11

I really liked using LibraryThing. It will be a great way for me to keep track of the books I read. I also liked that I could rate the books and that would help me to remember what I thought about each book.
I think that LibrayThing could also be used in a school library: older & responsible students could use LibraryThing to keep track of the books they read. It would be a great way for students to keep track of Bluebonnet or Lone Star books.
I started looking into groups and was able to find many groups that had the same interests that I do. I looked up Jan Austen groups and found a huge list of groups that love the work of Jane Austen.
I also was able to add my Author cloud and LibraryThing search box to my blog (look to your right).

1 comment:

Raible said...

Dolores, I agree! I think the LibraryThing is a very helpful tool that I hope to use in both my professional and personal life. After I explored LibraryThing I wondered if I would be able to use it in my fourth grade classroom. Having the students keep track of their Lonestar or Blue Bonnet is a great idea for using LibraryThing. I am going to keep thinking, and if you do use it - please let me know if it works!