Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thing #18

I chose to explore Google Docs. I think there are many advantages of using Google Docs, especially when you are working collaboratively with other people. I have had many group projects and there have been times that I have received attachment after attachment with the newest updated version of the project.

I like that the document stays in one place and then the collaborators can fix and change the document without creating more versions of it with a never-ending attachment trail. However, what happens when you realize the first version was the best? Can you get it back? I like the idea of Google Docs, but I think I would still try to save the different versions just to be on the safe side.

1 comment:

Vierling said...

Hey Delores, I agree with your assessment of Google Docs. I think it will be helpful to use for our Collaboration Final... What better way to collaborate together than by editing the same document rather than playing email volleyball with all of the attachments going back and forth! I do second your question about the original version. Sometimes, it's best to scrap a document and start all over again. What happens when you just want to get back to your original document? Does it still exist out there in cyber space, or is it gone forever?