Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thing #14

To start off this post, I have to tell the truth ... I did not like Technorati. First of all, I became confused because the screens that were shown in the information video are not the same screens I see when I go to the Technorati web site. I even joined, thinking it would change, but I was wrong. So the information video did not help me - I had to explore the whole site myself to find all of the features they had talked about.

I did a keyword search for 'School Library Learning 2.0' and I found 0 blog posts, 4 tags, and 38 blogs. After finding the link to the popular blogs, searches, and top 100, I found an interesting blog titled - Blog tips to help you make money blogging. I also noticed that most of the top blogs were blogs about blogs.

I joined Technorati and I even claimed my blog, but to tell you the truth I do not think I will ever use it again. I found it very confusing and I did not like the lay out at all. From my viewpoint, I can not figure out a way that Technorati will ever assist me. Every other thing that I have been exploring for my 23 things has been somewhat useful, but I did not enjoy this thing at all.

After completing all of the things that had me learn and explore tagging, I think tagging is very useful - especially when I can select the tags myself. I think it a better way of organizing web sites and blogs.

No comments: