Friday, September 26, 2008

Thing #8

For Thing #8 I went with Google Reader. Since I already had a Google account, all I had to do was sign in. It was very easy to start and once I started searching for blogs, I was addicted. I started with news sites, then moved to library blogs, then blogs my family has, and then onto scrap booking blogs. I probably spent a good hour just searching through sites.

I like Google Reader because it allows me to have all of the sites that interest me in one place. I usually spend at least 30 minutes every day looking through all of my favorite web sites. With Google Reader I will be able to see them with one click of the mouse. It has made things a lot more convenient for me. I will definitely be using the RSS technology in my personal life, but I think I might be able to use it at work. I could make the information I want my teachers to know public and then send them the link to the public web site when needed. Librarians could use the RSS technology to keep updated on important information about what is happening with libraries, new and upcoming technology, etc. Librarians keep track of a lot of information and the RSS technology can help them to stay updated, without spending a huge amount of time on the web.

My public Google Reader - http://www.google.com/reader/shared/06577930041527627102

No comments: